Nov 11, 2009

Not play time yet

So far Aditi has been very considerate about the other baby in mama's tummy. She keeps asking whens, hows, wheres and whats about the baby.
Last night, she declared to me "I not give baby my toys". I asked her why and she didnt answer but just repeated her statement. So I said I will buy you both toys and that you have to play with each other. She said "No mamma, I not give". I said "Okay, let the baby come out, ask you for toys and then let us decide". She seemed comfortable with that and left it there.
How am I supposed to handle this? She is okay to share only a select few toys of hers with other kids. I keep insisting that if she wants others' toys, she should share hers first. Maybe she's too young (3 years is not old enough, no?). I am going to just let her be for now.

6 comments:

Nithya said...

your blogging frequency has increased!! keep it coming :)

starry eyed said...

don't worry! This is something you'll be negotiating for years! So relax for now! And yes, 3 years is rather young. Aditi will learn:)

Sowmya Srikrishnan said...

Yes, Aditi is swinging between being an angel on one day and a really mean kid the next. I am going to have to wait!

Rohini said...

Don;t worry about it now. The true battle will happen months later when the baby is mobile. And there's nothing you can do to prevent it...

The Print Lover said...

Tagged.

Sowmya Srikrishnan said...

@Rohini - Maybe we are becoming the paranoid generation. I dont think our moms even bothered.

@TPL - My second tag! Thanks. Will do it n let you know.